Twenty-Eight years as a registered patent attorney and thirty years as a practicing attorney. Representation of clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and federal courts.
Coordination of international protections of intellectual properties, under various international treaties. Representation before the Securities and Exchange Commission. Interaction on select issues with the Food and Drug Administration.
Professional Admissions and Licenses
Kenneth Pearce is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and admitted to practice before the Bar of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the Bar of the State of Indiana, as well as several United States Federal Courts.
Legal Practice Curriculum Vitae
Solo Practitioner (Nicholasville, KY)
Present - Counseling The Creative® (online as BusinessPatentLaw.com) relocated to Nicholasville, Kentucky in 2016.
Solo Practitioner (Danville, KY)
(1989-2016) The Counseling The Creative® Office was located in a city which Time® Magazine heralded as one of the ten best small towns in the United States Of America.
- Prosecution of mechanical, electro-mechanical, medical devices, medical methods, electrical, optical, chemical, computing devices and corresponding methods and methods of doing business Patent Applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Procurement of Trademark, Service Mark and Copyright Registrations
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings
- Trademark infringement litigation
- Representation before the Securities and Exchange Commission, securing exemptions (Regulation D, Rule 506) from registration of capital stock under US Securities Acts
- Representation before the Food and Drug Administration - securing 510(k) clearances for medical devices
- Consultant in cases regarding scientific aspects of medical malpractice and criminal defense
Intellectual Property Insurance Services Corporation (Louisville, KY)
(2003-Present) – Consultant
- Assessing risks of infringement
- Assessing insurable risks of potential litigation for Patents and Trademarks
Harness, Dickey & Pierce (Troy, MI)
(1988-1989) – Attorney
- Intellectual property and unfair competition matters.
- Representation before the Food and Drug Administration.
(1987-1988) – Attorney
- Patent, Trademark, and Copyright causes.
- Food, Drug and Cosmetic law.
O'Donnell, Steutermann & Winger (Louisville, KY)
(1985-1987) – Attorney
- Patent, Trademark and Copyright causes.
Walgreen Drug Company
(1983-1985) – Pharmacist
- University of Louisville Juris Doctor 1986
- University of Kentucky Pharmacy, BS 1978
Organizations and Activities
- Volunteer chaplain at Northpoint Training Center (prison) – providing weekly ministry for 25+ years
- Volunteer at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center for 25+ years
- Weekly ministry at the Boyle County Regional Jail for 25+ years
- Member First Christian Church
- Sunday and Thursday School Teacher for The Living Word Class for 20+ years
- Member of the Kentucky Bar Association
- Member of the Kentucky Pharmacists Association