before the Courts of The United States,
and the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- In accordance with American jurisprudence, I can represent you before all courts to which I am admitted. In those jurisdictions to which I have not been admitted to practice, I have an affiliated network of trial attorneys to assist with your representation. In select cases I, and one or more of my affiliated attorneys, may join forces to zealously represent your case, within the bounds of the law. For example, almost every patent infringement case will require a team of attorneys. Depending on the client and nature of the legal matter, Business Patent Law, PLLC has represented both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Although uncommon, Business Patent Law, PLLC may represent a client pursuant to a contingency fee agreement. Thus, when the case or controversy merits, I and/or my affiliated network of trial attorneys may contract to represent you, the creative intellectual property owner, pursuant to a contingency fee arrangement.
- When the circumstances require, according to the procedures of the USPTO, I represent Applicants before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board include Inter Parties Review, Post Grant Reviews and appeals. Business Patent Law, PLLC also represents clients in Patent Reexaminations.
- When the circumstance require, according to the procedures of the USPTO, I represent Applicants before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board include Oppositions, Cancellations, Interferences, Concurrent Use Proceedings and appeals.
- In the United States of America, the hands of justice move slowly. Litigation is arduous, time consuming and expensive. By way of example, three to five or more can pass before a patent infringement suit ever goes to trial. Since each case or controversy is unique, illustrative professional fees for adversarial representation cannot be estimated without more facts. However, before commencing any adversarial representation, Business Patent Law, PLLC can provide you with an estimate of retainer requirements and prospective litigation expenses.
- If you are interested, Intellectual Property abatement insurance coverage and defense insurance coverage are available through Intellectual Property Insurance Services Corporation.
To discuss your particular situation, please contact me online or call me at 859) 239-8999. I look forward to speaking with you.